Bulling Kills | Teen Ink

Bulling Kills

February 20, 2012
By Spanky BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
Spanky BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever walk by somebody getting bullied in the hallways? You probably see it every day and do absolutely nothing about it because it would be “uncool”. Bullying could take a life and in my opinion if you think you are too cool to stop it, it is just as much your fault as it is the bully.


“There are about 160,000 children that miss school every day out of fear of being bullied.” (Bullying) Basically what is being said, is everyday kids are scared for their lives to go to school because they have a fear of being bullied. Just think you are helping scar a kid’s childhood by not standing up to bullies and they are losing education because of it.


In many cases, the bullying was so bad that the one being bullied ended up committing suicide. “Eric Mohat, 17, was harassed so mercilessly in high school that when one bully said publicly in class, ‘why don’t you go home and shoot yourself, no one will miss you,’ he did.” (James) To be bullied so bad to actually take your life just shows how serious this problem is. I believe no kid should be treated so badly that they consider killing them self.

Teen bullying can and will cause major damage to a kid’s life and could even take it from them. Don’t be too cool to stand up to bullying because that makes you just as bad as the bully. Just telling someone to leave him alone could change a person’s life so much more than you think.