Teen Runaways

There are many different reasons a teen might want to run away. Wither it be pressure or divorce, there are many different reasons. But they all add up to a place. A place, known as the world. Between 1.6 - 2.8 million teens runaway each year. And in my opinion, that is between 1.6-2.8 million too many. The main reason that they leave is most likely because of abuse. Abuse is a word with many different meanings. According to 1-800-Runaway, the main reasons are as follows:

Verbal
Physical
Sexual

In my opinion, the damage that this does to runaways is jurassic. 1-800-Runaways said that teen runaways have 2.4X higher chance of becoming a smoker. And former runaways have a 67% more chance to use marijuana as an adult. And 51% have sucidial thoughts as an adult. Why? Because they were left with the scars that led them to runaway. I have a pretty good idea also, that when they were running, they only picked up more scars. So, if you know someone that has ever thought about running away, have them contact 1-800-Runaway.

Website: http://www.1800runaway.org/
Phone Number: 1-800-Runaway