Gay Marriage | Teen Ink

Gay Marriage

By little.dancer SILVER, Greenfield, Indiana
little.dancer SILVER, Greenfield, Indiana

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... Its about learning how to dance in the rain.

Gay marriage is a huge controversy among people. People think that being gay is a huge sin and plain wrong in their eyes, but who are any of we to judge. Marriage is between two people who love each other. They want to spend the rest of their lives together. What gives us the right to tell them they can not get married? Even if they are not allowed to get married, that is not going to stop them from being gay. They are going to be with the people they love no matter what anyone says. We, as straight people, do it. Love is love. It does not discriminate on age, race, or sexuality. When you're in love, marriage is the next step. From telling people they can not get married because they are gay, is holding them back from taking a new step in life. It is not anyones right to hold someone back from their own life. To tell someone they can not do what they want with their life. To me, that is a sin.