Wreckless truth: a look into the monsters of the present time. | Teen Ink

Wreckless truth: a look into the monsters of the present time.

By Logan Kelley BRONZE, Abernathy, Texas
Logan Kelley BRONZE, Abernathy, Texas

Monsters... it’s an over-sensitive subject to talk about. The Webster dictionary said that a monster is “any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.” To a child a monster may be “The Boogieman” To some; a monster is simply the uncertainty of where there next meal is coming from. To others, a monster is a terrorist or a serial killer. We all have monsters in our lives there’s no doubt about it. There frightening things, and usually something we try not to associate with the human nature. The more fear-provoking thing about monsters is something we don’t even take time out of our day to realize… often times the monster so many others and yourself are afraid of, are the wicked creatures society has shaped out of us, alone.

A wise man was once asked to explain the society that we live in, in a short and charming sentence. He replied with “Today’s society has brought us all to a point where we fear rejection, want attention, crave affection and dream of perfection.” Our monsters start here, and are formally crated by the thing people do to achieve them.

If you took a look at the English language and the slang that we have surrounded our self’s with. It would be a fantastic and genuine explanation and example of what I’m talking about. Did you recognize that the word faggot means a bunch of sticks? Or that gay actually meant happy? You could even go as far back as a biblical time, there are still manipulated words. Like ass, it’s denotation is that of a donkey. These are all exampled of the wildness we’ve fashioned in the midst of everything.

Intimidating truths are eye openers for us all: Do you know that 80% of all marriages go through an affair? So we have 5,918 marriages a day in the United States. That means that 4,734of those marriages that go on daily will go through an affair. Maybe this one isn’t as settle, and maybe it doesn’t apply to you. But it has to start somewhere and you could be the generation to stop it all. This is something that is frowned upon, but not necessary talked about. It’s like the awkward uncle everyone knows about but doesn’t mention. Maybe if we called each other out on our decisions we could make an impact. Look at the Indians, they married young and nourished and learned from each other. This is what marriage is supposed to be about.

Back to the point I mad earlier, this monster is something we’ve created… the genesis of it all started with culture in the history, but we haven’t done anything to stop it either. Maybe none of these things apply to you. Maybe it’s like the quote said, you would do anything in your power to reach a point of success and struggle at perfection. It’s true that in a world like today, it’s all about who you know and not what your potential is. But we’re the ones who made it that way, we all want the easy way out of things. Because I mean if it’s being handed over to you, who wouldn’t take it?

The bottom line is we’re making the hallway towards this candle, symbolizing peace a longer and longer track. I’m not trying to say we should all be scared of yourself, I am just simply bringing awareness towards the fact that we can’t blame it all on the alcohol, or the drugs, or the murders, or those out of their mind, or any other excuse society has given us. Reality is, we don’t have to live like this. There is many trying to make an impact. No one should believe that one person can’t change the world. Start it local, turn it into an area, a nation, a country, a continent, the world. Life is only what you and the people you surround yourself with make it. You could be the one to change it all. The bread has been set, the soup has been warmed, the salad has been chopped, what you do with these materials is the key to changing everything. In the words of Bob Marley “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?”

I actually wrote this for a in class assignment, when I discovered how much I was interested in the topic. I decided to revise it and try to publish it. The question is: How far would you go to support your cause? I'm helping by trying to bring awareness. end of story.