Animal Cruelty | Teen Ink

Animal Cruelty

By wyosk8boi BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming
wyosk8boi BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming

You’re in the pound when you see a dog in a cage bloody and limp. You keep walking when you see a cat that is just the same. Yet you don’t want to stop and look but then you see a dog that is barely alive and it’s ribs plain in sight from starving to death. It hits you hard and makes you wonder what happened to those animals that were bloody and limp. Why had that dog starved to death? These are all cases of animal abuse.
In addition The Humane Society states that sixty four point two percent of animals that were abused were dogs, eighteen percent were cats, and twenty-five percent were other kinds of animals. This source also states that there are two types of animal cruelty: Passive and Active. Passive is to starve the animals. Active is cutting off limbs, stabbing, choking, and punching.
However, the University of Vermont states the Wyoming law 6-3-203: “If any person shall maliciously tortures, mutilate, maim (Injure), cruelly beaten, disfigure, poison, or kill, any animal, every offender shall for every offense be guilty of a class one felony.” Although, many animal abusers would read this and not even care and still do it.
Along with that the Stray Pet Advocacy states Wyoming laws. A minor animal abuse offense will result n a misdemeanor up to seven hundred and fifty dollar fine and/or imprisonment up to six months. Another is a high misdemeanor with a five thousand dollar fine and one year of imprisonment. An animal abuse felony is a five thousand dollar fine and two years of imprisonment and a felony provision.
I personally think that animal cruelty is wrong and needs to be stopped. Some people say that the animals need abused to be disciplined. But many people agree with it. But what they don’t realize is that they could be charged with a lot of money and imprisonment.
Michelle Walk from Chelle’s Pampered Pet Care say’s “Animal Abuse is wrong and it needs to be stopped. When I see a person and I know they abuse animals I think of them as a criminal and I think of them as a person that I don’t want to be around.
The next time you go to the pound, look at every animal, and think how their life has been. So lets get animal cruelty out of the word so we can save these poor animals.

I was inspired about this piece because I hate animal abusers and always have wanted to write on this topic.