Trying to understand the other opinion on homosexuality... | Teen Ink

Trying to understand the other opinion on homosexuality...

What is the BIG PROBLEM with homosexuality? I won’t pretend to be an expert on any religion, being an atheist, but why is a man liking a man or a woman liking a woman so frowned upon? If God didn’t want people to be gay, why are there gay people? Doesn’t God love all his children? I mean, if you don’t like it you don’t have to, but I don’t understand why! I do my best to understand and accept everyone’s views, but on this subject I really have a hard time understanding the other perspective. Does being homosexual, two-spirited, transsexual or anything other than straight change your personality? I don’t think so. So WHY is it bad? I have heard people say it’s unnatural, but isn’t love a natural thing? What is the difference between heterosexual love and every other kind of love? I, for one, don’t think I was put on this earth solely to produce children. Call me a romantic, but doesn’t love serve a greater purpose than that?

I'm not trying to offend anyone with this piece, and I do realize it's a sensitive subject with some people. Please don't post hateful comments, there's really no point. I am curious to hear opinions though!