what is Right and what is Wrong? | Teen Ink

what is Right and what is Wrong?

By Morales_Sofia96 SILVER, St- Hyacinthe, Other
Morales_Sofia96 SILVER, St- Hyacinthe, Other

For the past few days, I've been thinking about what makes something right and what makes something wrong. After the latest events in my life, I have decided that what makes something wrong or right is us.
Look at teen pregnancy. It's wrong right? But, who decided it was wrong? Why did it suddenly become wrong in modern day when before, in times like the medieval era, getting married and sleeping with a boy at 12-15 years of age was the most normal thing. Maybe it was right in those times because the pregnant girl would be supported by her family and friends.
what do we do today? As soon as we hear a girl is pregnant and she is merely 15 years old, she is labeled as a s***. her life becomes a living hell. Her parents might kick her out, her friends will abandon her, she will drop out of school because her teachers are not considering the circumstances so, the school work is too much and she begins to fail.
now, let's change the story up a bit. Let's say her parents supported her, kept her home, helped her pay the baby's diapers, helped care for the child. This would then mean she could stay in school and graduate at least from high school. Her teachers consider the circumstances and give her some extra help, her friends support her and might even offer to babysit every once in a while. What would her life be like then? Would her life still be hell? i think not.
If you are against the pregnant teens, you say it's their fault for sleeping with a guy in the first place; well, do you remember what it was like when you were young? Remember those feelings that cursed through you when you saw that special someone?
Or, maybe you say it's her fault for getting drunk and sleeping with a guy at the party, or it's her fault for not using protection, or what ever the reason is, just remember this, everyone makes mistakes (Ever heard that Hannah Montana song?, and anyway, if you don't want to do it for the teen mom, then do it for the baby. It's not the baby's fault it was made and brought into the world. that baby doesn't deserve to live as a neglected child with a mom who might even say she hates him for ruining her life.
Point is, after this past week, Life has taught me you have to have a heart. some day it might be you in the shoes of those people you have always criticized. The world would be a peaceful place if everyone just accepted and supported. Something like a teen pregnancy was not labeled by God as a demonic act sent straight from hell, the ones who labeled it, were us. We decide what is right and what is wrong.