What a World We Live In

I imagine there’d be a lot more brilliant stories and people in the world, if only we were given the proper time to think. There is never enough time to think with our generation; we have too much work to do. Rather than developing wisdom, we’re being force fed facts and logic. The ideas of “right” and “wrong” are being shoved down the throats of our children. Our lives are determined by numbers and letters, books and words. We take tests with answers set in stone. There’s no jury to hear our reasoning when we know we we’re done an injustice. We’re forced to do iniquitous work, and our intelligence is determined by mere letters. We learn by regurgitation of the false idea of knowledge. The words we speak don’t mean a thing; the numbers of ways to deceive the rules are not accounted for. That kid who swindled the system and aced that exam is praised for his deceit, while the honest student who failed is scorned for their integrity. We’re crushing the imagination out of our generation, teaching to think within the rules. It’s the sickest form of self abuse, and I refuse to conform.