The Woes of Social Networking

As a teenager,I can't help but notice how social networking is gradually taking over the lives of my peers,and to a degree,myself. Every day teens log hours of their time playing games,or chatting with friends on sites such as Facebook. It's become an obsession with the majority of the teenagers (and many older people too!)and I believe it's affecting how people act in Real Life. Slowly social skills are going down the drain,you can say things online that you would never say in real life, and relate to people through a computer screen ten times better than you ever will be able to face to face. Teens are choosing to sit inside and fiddle around on the computer,rather than going out with friends,or exercising. Some people also post EVERY little detail of their lives, no one has privacy any longer. One of the saddest things that I've witnessed is the death of imagination,half the people I know are about as creative as a rock. The nasty thing is that people KNOW what this is doing to them,they admit it,but they don't care! This will certainly affect them later in life,when going in for job interviews,or trying to make friends in a new city. It's also effecting us physically. More kids are gaining weight from zoning out in front of a computer screen all day long,and mindlessly eating. I am proud to say that the maximum amount of time I spend on social networking sites is a half an hour a day, which is quite reasonable,considering everything. I can only imagine the hell that would break loose if any of the big sites out there crashed,it would be disturbingly catastrophic. That's not all I have to say about this topic, I could really go on for days,however I think this is adequate. So next time you log into Facebook,check the clock and see how much time you're REALLY putting into this virtual life.

lola s. said...

Thank you !♥

SHOUT OUT A L'ÉCOLE JSF
GO LES PANTHERÈS GO  !

MayaLynnskii replied...
No problemo :)

Lalo Martinez said...
I have a project on this can you please tel me why you like this text Maya ?

MayaLynnskii replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 11:41 am
I'm sorry,I don't really get what you're asking =/ Could you rephrase maybe?

lola s. replied...
Sorry about that sorry my grammar isint my best point anyway I have this project on your text witch I really like I feel for ones somebody that really knows facebook and teens is writting on the subject anyway I have this project and I have to know why u like this text and why should people read from your point of view that you for reading and responding with your time :)

MayaLynnskii replied...
Well I suppose I feel like this because a few years ago I was pretty pathetically attached to the internet myself. Then I did something pretty bad and it was taken away from me,and at first it was awful,it was honest to god like I was going through withdrawals. However after 2 or 3 weeks,I realized that I felt happier,smarter,and more productive than when I'd been spending all of my time online. so that kind of put everything in perspective for me,and although I remade my Facebook account,and a ... (more »)

Pumpkinscout said...
I agree with your premise, however work on your punctuation a bit (hint: spaces after commas and parentheses look so much more professional). 

MayaLynnskii replied...
I know, I'm usually a lot more careful, but I wrote that in a pretty short amount of time. Thank you though! :)