Why do we bring each other down?

I talk “white”. I dress “white”. I act “white”. So, white people are the only ones that can speak correct English; white are the only ones that dress modestly; white people are the only ones that don’t act ignorant?

I talk “white”. I dress “white”. I act “white”. So, black people are the only ones who talk like they’re from “hick town nowhere”; black people are the only ones who wear reveling clothes; black people can’t be intelligent.

I hear this all the time. It hurts when I hear it from white people, but it’s just hilarious when I hear it from black people. Every time a black person says this to me or to anyone, they’re bringing our race down to a lower standard. As if it’s not bad enough, we call each other the “N” word all the time, bringing our race down to an even lower standard.

Why do we do this to ourselves? We’re just proving every KKK member, skin head, and racist right. It’s funny how we act like we’re not worth anything, but we get mad when people say we’re not worth anything. We treat each other like we’re not worth anything when we join gangs and shoot each oter in cold blood.

So many people fought so that our dreams would be able to come true. Now, we don’t have dreams. We don’t even have goals. We’re handed opportunities just to turn them down.

I never want to see a black guy get mad when a white guy calls him the “N” word. I never want to hear a black person complain when a white person is surprised they made it through high school. Because we have not done anything to prove them wrong.

blu33y3dgurl said...
good job on this article :)  

SecretNonConformist said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:19 am
You are brave. I'm letting you know that. You are a brave person to post this article and speak your mind. Congrats, and I hope you go far in life! Believe me. With a voice like that, you can:)

ladytrojan replied...
thanks!!! :)