Please stop underage sex | Teen Ink

Please stop underage sex

By BVBlover BRONZE, Glasgow, Other
BVBlover BRONZE, Glasgow, Other

It seems that children are being ecouraged to have sex at ubelieveable ages i know a few people who have been pregnant at least 4 times and as many abortions at 13 as well! I know it is illegal to have sex before the age of 16 but it seems not enough is being done to stop this i know we get sex ed in school but i dont feel that that is enough i think that kisd need ot be educated by kids their age so they can identify with someone in their own age group.

I don't think that the suggestions of teachers to talk to parents is appropriate because of the embarassment to children because their paernts are of a different generation and their children don't feel that their parents are easy to talk to.

Having gone through the process of sex ed it seems that it's just about puberty and parts of the body it dosen't tell you about protection and the options availiable to them.

they also don't tell you about STD's and the symptoms and are leaving it to children to find it on TV programmes which might no be reliable.Also Pornography is mostly an innacurate and gives people the wrong impressions about sex and this is open to anyone i think these should be restricted more vigorously.

I know alot of people won't be happy but we must stop this NOW before it's too late

i know this is a sensitive issue but these things need to be mentioned to the public and i know it wont stop like that but kids need to be educated

on Aug. 25 2011 at 11:56 am
BVBlover BRONZE, Glasgow, Other

take it ur from the us?

I was talking about the situation in the uk

on Jun. 1 2011 at 11:15 am
DesertFox94 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

There are some things nitpicks with your post. 

First off, in many states it is illegal to have sex before 16. But there other states that the age of consent is 14. So it is legal to do so depending where you live. 

Your statement about sex education is also skewed. Of course it might be subjective to where one was taught, but I think my education of it was adequate. We where told of the harmful consequences of sex such as how deadly STD's are (not to mention we were shown some gruesome pictures). Not to mention we were told how expensive it is to care for a baby.

I believe that sex education should teach safe sex over abstinence. We are currently teaching the "no sex before marriage" idea and it is failing horribly. Teens are getting STD's and getting pregnant from a lack of knowledge of protection, knowledge that could be given through sex education. My teacher was kind enough to tell us to use protection if we were going to do so. 

Many teenage pregnancies could be avoided by simply using a condom. But they must be taught first that using protection is essential before having sex at a young age.