Social networking will it rule the cyber world? You be the judge! | Teen Ink

Social networking will it rule the cyber world? You be the judge!

By Loveless0963 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan
Loveless0963 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan

… You come home throw your backpack on the living room floor, drown out every sound and things that come towards you or you happen to hear. Then you make your journey to your room, you check your phone for messages, and hop right on the computer to talk to friends and family or just shop for hours on end. When your mom comes in and says “ come eat dinner” you say just a minute, wave her off and get back to staring at the screen.
When you finally make it down stairs, everybody is watching tv or off in their own world, you stalk into the kitchen to warm up some leftovers and head back to your room to continue your everlasting death stare at the computer screen while eating food that barely makes it into your mouth. At around 2 or 3 in the morning you crawl into bed and sleep for the small amount of hours you have left. You wake up at 6 in the morning, go to school and come home just to do it all over again for the rest of your teenage life.
Funny thing is this is how most teens spend their days. But you be the judge is this a life you want to live?
First of all, this behavior changes not only teens but adults to. It’s a very popular thing, everybody is going to like it. Some people just don’t know how to limit their usage, which is the thing, that can be the line between people becoming social butterfly’s or the guy/girl who sits in class and doesn’t talk to anybody. This can be a bad thing, because it can lead to kids killing themselves, becoming mentally inept, and unbale to function in everyday life.
Social networking is a double edge sword, meaning it is good and bad at the same time. Tt’s good because it promotes healthy interaction between kids, but some kids get addicted and end up spending most of their time on the internet.
Parents that think their kids are at risk by using the internet. The way to change that is just limit the time they spend on the internet or watch them when they are on. The parents are right because teens get to comfortable and start to give away way to much personal information. Without even taking a second thought they post they places they are most likely to be at, whether they’re home or not and the most dangerous thing their names.
Finally, social networking can be good for big and small businesses, because it give them a unlimited supply of young and easy targets to encourage to buy new things, also its another way for them to advertise their items/ products. All and all social networking is bad and good it all depends on how you use it.

I wrote this to give some people a look at the situation from a teens way of life.