Blind | Teen Ink

Blind

By MaysileeDonner BRONZE, Milpitas, California
MaysileeDonner BRONZE, Milpitas, California

"Too close, I thought. There was nothing wrong with fire... as long as you didn't stand too close."

I’m standing here, but why can’t you see me? Don’t you know that someone loves you? Can’t you see?

He’s over there, but why can’t they see him? Why do they turn the other cheek to pain? Can’t they see?

She’s sitting there, almost dead, but not quite. Why can’t we see her? Why do we just walk the other way? Can’t we see?

He does not love me, not one bit. Why do I still try? Why do I give him my heart, when he gives me nothing in return? Can’t I see?

We are a blind people in a blind world. When there is pain, we look the other way. How much suffering and cries for help does it take until we even offer one glance? Just one. That is all that is needed, yet, we feel as if it is one too much. Just one glance. Oh Lord, can’t anybody see?

This piece is inspired by the song "Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan. It is a very insightful song and I just want to say that when you see somebody in pain, don't pretend not to see.

RozaB SILVER said...
on Apr. 7 2011 at 10:41 am
RozaB SILVER, Milpitas, California
So True. And I wish I was lying about that.

KairiL SILVER said...
KairiL SILVER, Milpitas, California

"Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine. and for one; just once, understand."-Anonymous

Wow. MaysileeDonner. Good piece. I can't wait to see more!