Pick On Someone Your Own Size | Teen Ink

Pick On Someone Your Own Size

By Katlyn_tedesco BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Katlyn_tedesco BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Animal abusers use defenseless creatures as their own personal punching bag. No matter what that person has gone through in their lifetime, they have no right to treat anybody like dirt. Animal abusers are nothing than low life scum who are too cowardly to pick on people their own size and somehow find it okay to torture animals.
Animal abusers find it acceptable to bully and harm animals, but in reality it’s just weak. They abuse creatures that are smaller, weaker, and that can’t fight back or tell someone. The way I see it, abusing an animal is the equivalent to hitting a baby. It’s immoral and wrong. Normally, hitting a baby would seem worse than an animal, but they are the same in many ways. Their fragile, dependant on others, non-vocal, small, and weak and either way, abusing them is illegal.
Most of the times, the animals aren’t the only ones being abused. In one study, 70% of animal abusers also had records for other crimes. Many times abusers kill, harm, or threaten children’s pets to coerce them into sexual abuse or to force them to remain silent about abuse. Many kids that are abused kill or harm animals to emulate their parents’ conduct, to prevent the abuser from killing the pet, or to take out their aggressions on another victim. Animal abuse is more serious than people think and usually means that more is going on.
Animal abuse isn’t something that you can just brush off. It’s happening all the time and millions of animals are getting hurt and need help. A Minneapolis woman attempted to box up her poodle mix puppy and send it to Georgia through the U.S. Postal Service. Thankfully the dog was discovered by postal employees but the police say that it was taped up with no air holes and the woman is now being charged with a misdemeanor for animal cruelty. In Evansville, IN – Police are investigating an unspeakable act of cruelty in the death of a dog Saturday morning. A witness was driving on U.S. 41 when she noticed the car in front of her swerve several times. The car then pulled over and tossed a white dog out of the window into traffic. The dog was immediately hit by a car and killed. Animals are constantly being killed and harmed and it’s not right. Someone has got to put to a stop to it.

chattychar said...
on Mar. 27 2011 at 1:27 am
This writer gives us food for thought.  The article was written with care and concern for all animals and was well thought out.   A+++++ for an exceptional job.

sillysandy said...
on Mar. 14 2011 at 12:21 pm
thought it was a very informative article. seemed to be well researched. good job