Teens and Privacy | Teen Ink

Teens and Privacy

February 4, 2011
By pampam BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
pampam BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A problem in today’s world consists of teens not having a sufficient amount or having an over abundant amount of privacy. Where is the middle? What is enough privacy? The answer is simple, no one really knows. Privacy is a personal aspect. People decide for themselves their solitudity; hopefully they make it a wise choice. Teens should be able to have as much seclusion as they desire as long as their parents are included.
Teens are enclosed in their own world that generally consists of themselves. Although it may seem cruel and selfish, its natural, teens are not responsible for anyone but themselves. Where as parents are responsible for their teens. With teens caught up in their fantasies of reality, they have a hard time including parents in their lives. Teens can often be afraid to tell their parents about the nightmares interrupting their dreams of life and how they would like it to be. This happens mostly from the consisting arguments between parents and teenagers. Parents don’t mean to scold and hurt their children, their only conflict is trying to bring their children to the reality of life. Parents are there to help, it all consists of trust on both sides.
Teens should not just have the privacy they want, but also what they need. Teens should try to face reality that the world is in no way perfect. There are tons of crimes preformed by people who are ill. Having a setting for anyone to see personal information on any social network site, is making an appointment for a date with one of those demented people. Privacy is vital when it comes to strangers.
All the way from parents to strangers, privacy can come in different terms with the necessary need for privacy, its still a personal choice. For some people their choice concerning privacy can make or break their lives.