Too Much Technology? | Teen Ink

Too Much Technology?

By LovableD BRONZE, Killeen, Texas
LovableD BRONZE, Killeen, Texas

Are you living or are you exsisting

I wonder if we are being too reliant on technology, for we are getting to the point where we are being lazy and don’t want to put in the effort for anything. Is technology our friend or enemy? Should we be so dependent on it to solve and do everything for us? I just don’t know. I think we are getting confuse with convenience and selfishness, meaning that we are taking advantage of technology because of its conveniences.

I believe we should use technology to help with everyday living and to make everything more productive, yet not so much as to do our work and do our everyday problem solving. We should take care of our responsibilities. For example, having the television or Wii machine babysit and or spend time with our family, we should physically spend time and get involved. Another example, we should manually read a book or actively put in the foot work to solve a problem, but instead we access the internet to answer or solve the problem.

We should be allowed to improve our technology, but not to the extent where it is physically and psychologically worsening our lives; hence, making us more lazy and extra reliant on its technological advances.

It’s ok to make things more accessible in our everyday lives, but not so selfishly to the point we don’t want to do anything.

LovableD BRONZE, Killeen, Texas

Are you living or are you exsisting

if any one can give me feed back about this artical ill be so greatful thank you

RandyA. GOLD said...
RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey

What goes up must come down

You are welcom

LovableD BRONZE, Killeen, Texas

Are you living or are you exsisting

thank you so much

RandyA. GOLD said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 9:10 am
RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey

What goes up must come down

I agree. The net is man best friend know.  We  then ignore our responsibilities and rely on the computer which is not right. Technology is good but it ruining our life. Love this