Does My Generation Have a Role in America's Future? | Teen Ink

Does My Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

December 5, 2010
By jalsaied SILVER, Fort Irwin, California
jalsaied SILVER, Fort Irwin, California
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln


America’s future is envisioned as one occupied by technology, health advancements, potent militarism and tactics, and. As global leaders discuss diplomacies and crises, who is bound to run the country in its shining hour? Here, steps in the next generation, fulfilling the tasks that enable us to work like a clock. This generation is learned, sage, and has an outlook for the preservation of democracy and freedom. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the next generation of Americans: my generation.

As we speak, thousands of youth are preparing themselves to serve their beloved country. The students who embellish a zeal for science will soon discover new cures for troubling diseases. The dedicated cadets of the Civil Air Patrol or the Naval Sea Cadets are excelling in the fields of leadership, drill, and military studies so that they may one day be aboard one of the finest air craft carriers. The learned students of the debate and math club are awaiting their chance as mathematicians or future lawyers. Those who do not fear the complexity of the human body will begin their journeys as doctors and pediatricians. Even so, this is merely a fragment of what the youth of America are continuing to do. Yet, are we prepared to distinguish ourselves as a generation?

We must first define a generation in our history. Our founding fathers generation fought through bloodshed and tyranny for us to be here. It would be an honor to uphold what they have established for us. The generation of World War II aided America in its mission of peace and success. So, where does my generation come into play? My generation will bring a wave of new technologies, dedicated morale, and technique. Youth today are taking the initiative to prepare them for the reality of tomorrow.


My generation is ready to face any obstacles thrown at us from any angle. Take for example the unknown disappearance of Steve Fossett. Civil Air Patrol cadets began scrutinizing immense areas of land for any remains of the adventurer. When soldiers were sweating blood and tears for the safety of our streets oceans away, we came together and prepared thousands of boxes full of supplies, helping n any way we could. Social networking is bringing us together to realize what we must prepare ourselves for; volunteers nationwide are aiding veterans regain their ways of life. Everywhere you turn, you can see a member of my generation making an impact on our future. Whether it be recycling or sending impact aid to less- developed countries, my generation is working to establish ties of prosperity, courage, and hope worldwide.


So, as I sit here and write about this theme, I feel empowered to say that we are prepared to distinguish ourselves as a generation. Accomplished athletes, bold soldiers, and distinguished scholars proudly represent the United States in all that they do, and soon my generation will follow in those footsteps. America is not just a word for an iconic country; it is a term to describe loyalty, pride, honor, and valor. It is essential to ensure the empowering of liberty, justice, advancements, technology, and bravery in this country. Thus, we must place it in the correct hands: my generation’s hands. Thank you.

The author's comments:
This piece was written for a competition. I found it useful to receive criticism from TeenInk, thus I posted it.