The Scars You Don't See | Teen Ink

The Scars You Don't See

By MiraA BRONZE, Park City, Utah
MiraA BRONZE, Park City, Utah

Domestic violence is violence that goes on at ones home and can be in many forms of violence such as child abuse, spousal abuse, and cyber abuse or bullying. Spousal abuse is when a spouse, most commonly a female, is abused by his or her husband or wife the abuse could be physical, emotional, sexual, or financial abuse. Most commonly in spousal abuse the spouse, the result could be child abuse or murder.

Child abuse is when a parent beats or neglects their child to make them feel better about them self. David Pelzer was a victim of child abuse since he was a toddler to age 12. He was beaten, starved and tortured by his mom and his dad did nothing to spot it. In his adult years he wrote a book about his abuse. The book was called A Child Called “It” and it became a best seller. Child Abuse could lead to death or the child being abused could end up abusing their own children in the future.

Cyber abuse or bullying is when someone online harasses or bullies someone like posting private pictures of the person online or spreading rumors to embarrass them and make them lack self confidence. In some cases the victim will have endured so much it could drive them to the brink and have them commit suicide.

Domestic violence is something nobody should be a victim of, if you are a spouse being abused by your partner call the police and end the abuse. People who are a victim of child abuse should tell a teacher at their school and end the abuse, but some kids are scared of telling someone because they do not want to be separated from their parents and if you are being cyber bullied tell the bully to stop, if that does not work then tell a parent and get their help to stop it. If you see someone on the street or any where outside of home being hurt or bullied tell the person to stop or tell the police, remember: nobody should be a victim of violence.

MiraA BRONZE said...
MiraA BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Thank You for the good ratings guys and the 100 views. If you keep this up I might make the magazine! :)