Family For Granted | Teen Ink

Family For Granted

By Johana Ramirez BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
Johana Ramirez BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

It’s simple I love my family but, also dislike my family. I don’t really understand why I do. My Mom and Dad take good Care of me and, do so much for me, yet I still very much dislike them. It took me lots of time to think before I found out. I’m disliking my family because all the little thing they ask me to do. Like taking out the trash or even helping her do something.

I hate being asked to do things but, only cause I feel like my mom trained me that way. Almost like a dog being trained to sit or rollover. If I wasn’t so spoiled I wouldn’t take my family for granted. All my mom does is treat me good treat me good and care for me and I feel like I don’t give her enough respect back for it. I know I’m not the only one who does it but, I feel like even though my mom raised me that way I should be able to control my actions on what she tells me to do.

The things she tells me to do are little but, I’m still too lazy to even help her out. The rest of my family doesn’t ask me to do things as much but, it’s because I don’t see them as much as I do my Mom and Dad. So the next time anyone asks me to help them out or even a big favor, I’m defiantly going to help them out.

I take for granted the most important stuff in my life.