teen pregnancy | Teen Ink

teen pregnancy

By smanthaburns BRONZE, Sidney, New York
smanthaburns BRONZE, Sidney, New York

live life as you would die tomorrow..

Teen pregnancy is one of the most difficult experiences a young woman might ever face when it interrupts school or other life plans. The life of the teen mother and father will change from when they hear the news forever. The rate of teenagers becoming pregnant is increasing majorly, but why? Now in the world there are many types of contraceptives and preventions from being a parent as a teenager.
Eight in ten teenagers in the United States will be faced with an unexpected pregnancy. More than half of these are young teens who are sexually active and are just not protecting themselves when they have many resources on how to prevent and get prevention against pregnancy. In a country that offers planned parenthoods and other resources teenage pregnancy rates should not be so high. The thought of 13 and 14 year old girls raising children is an outrage. Young girls that make the mistake to have sex at such a young age and get pregnant should have to deal with that the rest of their life. In television shows today teen pregnancy is a very popular topic. Family stations such as ABC Family have shows like “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” that show that teen pregnancy is simple. These shows are entertaining but give young girls bad impressions on being a young mother.

This epidemic of teenage pregnancy should not be happening in today’s world. The media should promote contraceptives more and not shows on teenagers having fun being in high school and having a baby. In very few cases is being a teen mother fun and easy. How come the country of ours is the most advanced and has the most ways to prevent pregnancy but has the highest rate of unplanned pregnancies and the youngest unplanned pregnancies?