Essentials for Life | Teen Ink

Essentials for Life

Have you ever been walking down a ally way or a bad part of town? Did you have a weapon to defend yourself with?............ That is where the Second Amendment might help.
The Second Amendment says that any legal citizen of the United States over the age of twenty one with a concealed carry permit can carry a concealed weapon for defense.
A Concealed weapon is generally a pistol that can be covered and unknown by a stranger. Carrying Concealed has its responsibilities. As a person that has the ability to carry concealed you need to be go to a gun range or safe area and shot often. You also need to be able to have the presence of mind of what you are shooting at before you squeeze off a round.

I think that it is important to have a concealed weapon because it keeps you safe in time of harm. Surveys say that a weapon is used in a manor of defense more than two point five million times a year, that is over three times as many times that it is used by a criminal. From 1995 to 2009 over forty thousand lives have been saved due to the fact that a good samaritan had a concealed weapon for defense. If you were to be approached by a thug in an ally what would you be part of that category or not......
That is whey it is important to have a concealed weapon so that was you can protect yourself and any other person in harm. The laws concerning a concealed weapon change depending on what part of the country or what part of the state you are in. An example of this is you are not allowed to have a concealed weapon within a hundred and fifty yards of a school or polling place. You also can not have a concealed weapon on you inside a courthouse.

If you are caught with a legal firearm in your possess you would be charged with two to three years in prison. If you are a minor than you would be facing as much time as to four to six years in prison.

So I would suggest that you get a gun and your license and start carrying a firearm. It could save your

This piece is about why America needs th have the right to carry a concealed weapon.