Guns "R" Good

Disregarding the fact that guns are dangerous, I believe that guns are beneficial to our society. They can be used for security and law enforcement. Some people own guns to protect their homes and stores. The S.W.A.T. and the police use guns whenever needed. S.W.A.T. uses guns to break windows and doors and to sometimes take people down. The F.B.I. and C.S.I. also use guns to find and wipe out threats to the nation

Guns are also used for hunting. Before the gun was invented, people hunted with bows and arrows. Today few people still hunt with bows like the Native Americans because guns have become more popular. One reason for this is guns are more accurate. They can also go further distances. Killing the animal is also quicker and cleaner with a gun, as apposed to a bow and arrow. I started using a gun to kill squirrels, rabbits, and other small after I first shot a gun. It is also easier to hit targets from a distance easier. Between a gun and a bow and arrow, I think the gun is better than a bow and arrow.

Also, our military would not be what it is today without guns. Neither would the U.S. Guns have made us more intimidating to enemies. Without guns, we would not have won the Revolutionary War. Right now we are in a war with terrorists, and the bigger guns we have, the more scared they’ll get. This almost always helps our side. All in all, guns are a great thing to have.

in_tenebris_lumen said...

there can't be peace until people are willing to act unselfishly. And in today's culture, taking responsibility for one's actions is often the last thing on the list. And, if there was world peace, then millions of people would be out of a job, and ahuge portion of our economy would go down the drain. Loss of jobs + dramatic decrease in government spending into the american economy = big big problems.

Guns are not the cause of war or conflict, they just make it more efficient to kill s... (more »)

t.i.m.n_w said...
guns may be good for hunting, but war and guns are not promoting peace, and peace is something the whole world needs right now, peace not war.