Stopping | Teen Ink

Stopping

By theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois

Do what you want to not what anyone else tells you to.

Is stopping that hard? Or do people not care these days about where they are going. The other day I was walking home from school and I see this lady who stops half-way in the intersection and there was no point to do that you already past the stop sign so why bother stopping in the middle of the street. But today while I was walking home from school I see this senior on his phone with other people in his car. First that is completely stupid because you could be reading a text and not paying attention to the road. Now that is why we have don't drive with your cell phone or text or anything unless you plan to pull over and stop then do what you need to then get back on the road. Today my mom came home and told me that one high school kid that drives a convertible mustang almost ran over my mother and my pet dog plus the worse is that it was a four way intersection and he didn't bother to stop. I mean is stopping such a hassel where nobody cares about stopping and that we are willing to run over pedestrians no matter where we are going that we can't stop for pedestrians or just stop in general for others on the road. We share the road with people from the ages of 16 to 80 and higher. Share it because if you get into an accident you are in trouble with your parents or you just don't have a car for weeks because of the damage to the car.

Stopping isn't that hard yet people rush through stop signs like it is not a big deal but it is. So what do you say to that?

on Sep. 25 2010 at 3:13 pm

Thanks! It would just be better if people would just do that but they don't. I understand completly where you are coming from

on Sep. 22 2010 at 5:03 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Well said, my friend! At first, this might seem like a trivial issue, but it can be a huge safety problem. Also, it illustrates the human tendency to ignore the small things even at the expense of others.