The Truth About Child Abuse

“When an innocent, vulnerable child is brutalized by a person he or she may love or trust, child abuse occurs”.

Child abuse occurs all over American in fact an estimated __5__ children die each day in the result of child abuse. There are three different types of child abuses physical, emotional and neglect. Child abuse leaves a permanent scar on the child emotionally and maybe even physically. Some signs of child abuse are easier to detect such as a cigarette or iron burn, bruises in unusual places, etc. .(physical) Also thinking their worthless, being WAY to hard on themselves, and showing irrational and fearful behavior.(emotional) And having the same dirty clothes for Days in a row and unkept hygiene and health(neglect), Some signs of child abuse are easy to detect and others are not, one of the worse stereotypes of child abuse is that child abuse mainly occurs in bad neighborhoods, which is not true it could happen anywhere.

Why people abuse children is hard to explain, most people that abuse their children were abused as children or/and came from broken ,drunk households yes it is not an excuse for their wrong doings but it is an explanation. Children see beauty in everyone and it’s wrong that people are taking their innocence a way. If you know that a child is being abused please call the child abuse hotline 1-800-25-abuse (Illinois)you may be saving their life. Child abuse is a terrible thing. We have the power to lower the deaths that happen because of child abuse. Child abuse is an ongoing painful cycle, and the children that were abused will have to live with it for their whole life, continually thinking that their not worth it, when they truly are beautiful inside and out. Children are a gift from God, and are our future, the last thing people should do is abuse a vulnerable, innocent child.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I agree completely. Family life is something that should be depended on for comfort and strength. Child abuse makes family life something that is dreaded. It's very sad. It can damage a person forever.

Thanks for writing this!

princess6 replied...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm :
yup sooo right,and thnxs for commenting on my work =)