Don't Worry, Be Happy

Depression.
One word, that's taking over the world.
Depression; the new epidemic.
Adults suffer it, teens suffer it, preteens, children, who knows, even babies for God's sakes.
But why, why is everyone so depressed?
Pressure.
Pressure often becomes attempt, and attempt under pressure often becomes failure. And failure equals disappointment. You can't run away from disappointment. Every day you have to look it straight in the eye, because people count on you. People pressure you to succeed, and you try. Not everyone can make it in this world though; some people have to fail.
Failure. That's what our worlds become. Failure, bringing disappointment, bringing depression.
And depression causes people to do crazy things: smoke, drink, do drugs, self-harm, suicide, murder. And more. There is always, always more. Soon, people will feel too normal because everyone smokes, everyone drinks, everyone does drugs, harms themselves, will commit suicide or murder, or both. It will be TOO normal. What will come next?
There's no escape from disappointment, you can't succeed in everything, there's too many people in the world for that. So when depression hits, and they feel too normal, what will that become?
Can we stop it? No. We can't stop it.
Can we cure it? No. We can't cure it.
Can we escape it?
You tell me.

miracle_of_hope said...
a-flipping-mazing

TerrenceF said...
good job on writing this i mean i wrote some thing good as well on here but yours is pretty good i dont know how my article beat yours at all.

Babylufin replied...
Oh, well, thanks. :) You might read Don't Kill Me Now, if you have the time. :)

TerrenceF replied...
Did you write it?

TerrenceF replied...
If you wouldn't mind reading my article please. Thank you.

Babylufin replied...
Yep, I wrote it. :) There are three parts right now, but I'm working on the fourth... And I definitely will!

givemetherapy said...
As someone who has dealt with depression in the past, I love the way you wrote this. I feel like it's easily something that could be read in a magazine. Great Job!

Babylufin replied...
Aug. 15, 2010 at 11:18 am
I'm glad you liked it. :) And I hope it will be in the magazine! Hah! :D Thanks so much for the comment, I'm glad you read it. :)

naliba said...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 1:45 am
Nice, I like the way you wrote the piece, its very nice! Great job!

Babylufin replied...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 10:39 am

Thanks! :D I'm glad you liked it!

It means a lot!

prepwiththefakesmile said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:16 am
Wow. This is so true,  I'm glad you took the time to write this, i have thought about it before , i mean it seems like evryones depressed these days. Loved this article !

Babylufin replied...

1. I like your username.

2. I'm gald I took the time, too. Lol. :) And yes, it does...

3. Thanks for commenting. :) I hope you liked it.

thebushhippie said...
L-O-V-E-D this article! It's so sad but it really is true. You've made me realize that I should just try my best and if I fail I should shake it off and keep going. Thanks! :0)

Babylufin replied...

I'm glad you liked it! It is sad...that's why I wrote it. And yes you should! We all should. :)

Thanks!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well said! I second the comment about your writing talent.

Babylufin replied...
Thanks!! :) <3

--Stitch-- said...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 11:57 am
You're really talented at writing. Hope you know that. :)

Babylufin replied...

Aww, thank you!! It's what I like most...pretty much the only thing I'm good at...haha.

& it's the people that let me know I'm good at it that encourage me to continue! So, thank you!

--Stitch-- replied...
You're welcome, and it's good that you like writing. Especially such encouraging, and interesting things like this. It's what the world needs. lol :) A lot more interesting things that cheer people up, and make them see differences more often. Good differences. :)

Babylufin replied...
That's true. :) I think my main goal is for people to find inspiration.