Body Image and the Media

Body Image.
Well, obviously it’s everywhere, but how we think we’re supposed to look like is ridiculous. We can’t all be stick figures and so skinny you can see our ribs. I don’t have a problem with people who look like that, but the media puts skinny models on the covers of all the popular magazines. It’s insane. I deeply think the media should change the perspective of how girls need to be skinny to be beautiful. We’re all different sizes and shapes. That’s what makes the world wonderful. No one should have to looked down upon in society because they’re not “beautiful” or “skinny enough”. Please be logical and not make girls feel self-conscious every time they see a tiny girl on the cover of a magazine.

MuseInTheMirror said...

Hey all,

I'm trying to get together a list of pro-esteem media etc and need your help! More at ... www.MuseInTheMirror.com

Thanks!

HIPPIEatHEART_writerINsoul This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Not very lengthy, but powerful.

:)

TristeLuvz2Write replied...
Thanks! It means alot that you commented! I'm just starting to post on this site.

SecretNonConformist replied...
Thank you so much for writing this! I don't have a "perfect" (notice the quotes) body and despite the fact my body actually isn't ugly I still think it is because it is not what the media says it should be. I'm glad you decided to write this because it's very true.

TristeLuvz2Write replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 10:06 am
I normally don't write about opinion. I'm more of a fantasy girl. But I had an urge to write about this topic. Now I'm glad I did! :)