LIES:GOOD OR BAD? | Teen Ink

LIES:GOOD OR BAD?

By yuvrajverma BRONZE, Jericho, New York
yuvrajverma BRONZE, Jericho, New York

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." -Carl W Buechner

"Just Do It!" -Nike

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tsu

"Don't ever let anyone turn your sky into a ceiling." -Deep Life Quotes

There are circumstances in which it is better to lie. In certain instances, one must lie in order to save his/her life because life is more important than any philosophical cause. There has been scientific evidence that lying has proven psychological benefits. A recent study found that teenagers who are most popular with their peers were the ones that were the best at being deceptive. It can be proven that lying can be beneficial to a person’s psyche and health in some instances.

Most people lie on a daily basis and some, two to three times a day. Lying is considered morally wrong, but we have no regrets when it is to our benefit. In present day society, adults lie about their age or weight all the time setting a negative example for the current generation. Another example, we expect honesty from political figures, and most of the time, their statements are false. Lying is considered morally bad, but it is still done by people every day. Lying is not only a voluntary decision, it is an involuntary decision. People have the fear of telling the truth because of the possible consequences. Teenagers lie to save their self-image in order to appear as a better person in the eyes of their peers. In addition, they are afraid that they will lose their peers.

It can be proven that lying can be beneficial to a person’s psyche and health in some instances. On the contrary, it is morally wrong and should not be done. In the final analysis, it can be attested from scientific research that it is appropriate to lie although it is morally wrong.

I am in the Debate Club and enjoy researching about both sides of a topic. In addition, I have a strong interest in Mathematics, Science and Technology and am in accelerated math and science. I am a very studious student as well.

xyss said...
Well written article. This kid used very good grammar. I was appalled with his opinion on the topic