Points of View Decline of Reading

How many teenagers, that you know, enjoy reading? I absolutely cannot live without books and novels. It disappoints me deeply that teens don't read as much as they used to. Technology, social life, and extra-curricular activities are at fault fot the decline in reading.
Technology has evolved so much just since 2009k. From Internet sites such as Facebook to Apple i-Pads. The world is slowly drifting away from real books and not just applications that you can download. People don't recognize the quality of a good book. They limit their brains to a mere mouse-clicking or i-Pad tapping. Books give people a sense of imagination. It's unhealthy for people to allow themselves to sit in front of a computer screen all day. Technology is degrading the society of teenagers. Even though it may be advanced, it's slowing down our brains.

I know you must be thinking that I'm biased, considering the fact that I'm a teenager. Yes, I enjoy getting on the Internet, however, I enjoy reading also. Some teenagers are always going places with their friends. They blame their lack of intellectual interests on their social life. It's good to have friends, but it's also good to have an education. Reading is the base of that education. Friends are fun to hang out with and relax with, but an education promises a job, which, in most case-scenarios, promises a bright future. Books allow you to enter a whole new world. You get to imagine things in your head and see characters the way you think they'd look if they were real.

Activities fill up teenagers schedules. It's good to have extra-curricular activities because they keep you physically healthy. However, you need to read in order to keep your brain healthy and active. Their's a fine balance between the two. I know, as a teenager, that once I set my mind on something, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. I admire the people who ar eable to retain that balance. All in all, being a teenager that knows how to balance school, social life, and activities must be heard. Books can help take your mind off of these things.

There's nothing like sitting down with a good book. Our country was built on written literature. Reading isn't something to be embarrassed or ashamed about, it's something to be proud of.

baby_girlaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 6, 2010 at 5:04 pm:
I read every once and a while but what disappoints me is that some people cant understand what they are reading, and that they are munching out and watching a move than reading or being out

Ashton replied...
May 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm :
I'm a very sensitive person when it comes to books.  I hate it when someone doesn't like a book just because they didn't take the time to try to understand what it meant.  Thanks for reading!