The person in you | Teen Ink

The person in you

By emily.wight BRONZE, Pinon Hills, California
emily.wight BRONZE, Pinon Hills, California

In high school it seems that there are so many wrong terns that can be taken with trying to make friends and fitting in but also trying to be you at the same time.
It may seem that trying to do all of those is hard and impossible, but it's not. If you are your self and nobody else you will have a better time making friends and fitting in. The person in you cannot shine when you do not want it to. wearning name brand clothes and and sitting at the popular table means nothing if you are not your self. either you are loud and outgoing or shy and adventuous your person will show their true colors and the people that don't like your person shouldn't matter. The people who except you for who you are thats who should matter.

I get tired of people going our of their way to fit in with the people that are cool and popular but they don't treat each other right. They are mean and they put people down for who they are inside instead of who they are not. It's horrible to see the bullies and racist and everything else that means you have to be some one else other than your self to fit in. people should know that they are fine the way they are cause thats what makes them who they are and set's them aside of everyone else. so be happy with you and love your friends and forget about the people that don't except you for you. and remeber to reach out a helping hand when in need cause you never know when you might need a friend.