The Reality of World Peace | Teen Ink

The Reality of World Peace

By irishgirl120292 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
irishgirl120292 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

World Peace, an ideal of freedom, happiness, and peace among and within all nations. “I hope that mankind will at length, as they call themselves reasonable creatures, have reason and sense enough to settle their differences without cutting throats; for in my opinion there never was a good war and a bad peace”-Benjamin Franklin
“When I despair, I remember that through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, think of that”-Gandhi

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace”-Jimi Hendrix. “If the human race wished to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another”-Winston Churchill. World peace has always been a problem and has never been achieved. It never will be mainly because the world is too corrupt. Not trying to be a pessimist, but in all reality if students can’t get along in a classroom, what makes people think that two totally different countries can?

There has never been a time where people aren’t fighting. It’s human nature. I’m not saying for us to be violent, but we’re all selfish complex individuals with different cultures and ideas. People only want what’s best for them in all honesty. They look out for themselves. Especially teens who think they know everything, and don’t like to hear other peoples ideas, including myself.

People want world peace and not war. Which is completely logical and I agree with it, until you see how people treat each other. Who wouldn’t want a world where everyone doesn’t get along, but then again everyone is different. Different religions, cultures, and ideas don’t clash well together. People sometimes can’t accept other people’s differences and go to extremes.

Sometimes war starts from terrorist attacks, countries trying to conquer other countries and political differences. We hope for some great outcome, but nothing seems to go the way we want it to. Something many have to realize is that people hate others just because of their religion, their race, or just because they have freedom. That will never change no matter how much people wish it would.

The United States is probably the most envied because of the freedom we have. People come here from all over the world just to get away from their controlled lives in their own countries. Look at what’s happened all over the world; genocides, wars, and terrorism. How can we have world peace with people like Hitler, Stalin, Maos, Pol Pot, and so many others? If one man can accomplish to put other people against others and kill millions, then how to we have a chance of world peace.

One person in power is all that it takes. Power is the main key to what pulls people apart and conflict. Not to have to have an oligarchy, but have someone trustworthy and loyal. Other countries need a democracy to have a chance of justice.

The cause of action that should be taken is to start off by little increments of peace. Not everyone will get along, but to listen and accept others for who they are. Countries need to resolve their issues with one another. Respecting each others opinions; politically, religiously, and socially. In conclusion it’s just as simple as saying people need to get along and not be so bias. Think what you want to think and let other people do their own thinking. Understand and enjoy others differences and everything will happen on its own.

How world peace is not possible. How power comes into play. People not accepting others.

on Apr. 3 2010 at 12:26 pm
toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

sorry i think i sounded like a harsh snob right there... but i actually agree with what you're saying and I think you're making a good argument here

on Apr. 3 2010 at 12:20 pm
toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

what I find funny about the US is that quite a few of its peace-keeping operations turned into wars (remember vietnam? or afghanistan?) countries don't like people who have a completely different culture and background to teach them how to live and govern.

democracy isn't a perfect system either- but it's the best system.  when you think of it, most systems sound great in theory, but human nature screws things up.