FAT or PHAT?

When did the the size 16 become XL? Going to the Good-Will the other day and looking at jeans I saw a tag that read XL and the size was 16. can you believe that? When did we get so abscessed with being skinny. 17 and cosmo tell us that size 0-5 is healthy and hot. Is it really? If you are a size 2 with a bra size of 23 A are you really hot? Everyone is anorexic and belimic these days and so unhealthy. I'm not saying that being 250 lb is good ether (even though I'm 189) but at least be healthy. And I do not think that when you go into a store and realize that a size 11 is large is right. What about all the girls that have hips? Thighs?butts? Are they all fat and ugly? That's what TV. Is showing us you can't be happy unless you r a size 3,and you can see there ribs. So much pressure is on us to be what is in and hot. I love Queen Latifah. She empowers girls like me and the rest of us who were size 14 and up, well I think that anyways. She is proud to be big and bold.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 2, 2010 at 8:47 am:
Even though it's short, and the grammar and spelling needs improvement, I love what you're saying and the words that you choose to say it make a statement. 

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 7:30 pm:
i agree with everything you wrote. there is so much pressure on girls to be perfect by the media because everyone starves themselves these days. i'm only 95 lbs, but i still always think that i'm not skinny enough. just recently i realized that the way i am is fine because i'm actually a healthy weight for my height.

abbey92 said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 1:17 pm:
arctic, i get what you are saying and you have every right to think that as i do. and i respect that. and when you said that some people can't gain wait i know thats true b/c my bff is like that. but i appreciate your feed back

Arctic said...
Mar. 22, 2010 at 2:17 pm:
While I appreciate your aim and purpose, I have to disagree with you on several points. While it may be unhealthy to be underweight, it can be even unhealthier to be overweight. As the sizes – most women and young adult women are not a size sixteen. Therefore, it will be considered large or extra-large. It may not be fair, but it's not calling anyone “extra-fat”. It's simply a number, a size. While it may seem that everyone is bulimic or anorexic, that's simply m... (more »)