Teens=Too Much Pressure? | Teen Ink

Teens=Too Much Pressure?

February 8, 2010
By liv_luv_4eva SILVER, Morganville, New Jersey
liv_luv_4eva SILVER, Morganville, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.


In the 21st century, teens are pressured by parents to get good grades to get into hgih school/college.Teachers in middle school constantly remind teens that grades count for high school applications. What many authorities over us do not seem to notice is how busy or hard life can be for teens. We have homework, a few extra curriculars (for the college apps.), instruments to practice, bullies.
Can't some people realize that teens aren't made to be perfect? We spend seven or more hours in classrooms each day and have short lunch period, then I get home only to tackle my immense pile of homework and household chores.We are really trying to be the best we can be.Isn't that enough? For many of our autorities, apparently not.
Family issues come up. Younger sibblings are being noisy. You have to take on the job of babysitting on top of all.

Then, at school, bullies intimidate you, pops (aka popular girls)make you want to run and hide forever, tests have you scratching your brain.You failed a quiz, it ruins your life...according to your parents.
Why aren't teens allowed to have a social life anymore? Is there anytime for a little fun? A little me time?