Saving People from World Hunger | Teen Ink

Saving People from World Hunger

January 28, 2010
By PowerRangers BRONZE, West Newfield, Maine
PowerRangers BRONZE, West Newfield, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Many people are hungry every day. There is enough food on Earth, but a large number of people are denied access to it. About half of those hungry people are children. I don't want them to face world hunger, so I am asking all of you readers to help people who are hungry. All it takes is one person to make a difference.

Hundreds of people have family members who died because they didn't have enough food to feed all of them. The world hunger problem can be in your country, your state, your town, and your neighborhood. Everyday you can go out and be aware of people that are hungry. You can help those people by giving them cans or boxes of food that you may not use.

People that are facing world hunger can be your family, friends, or someone you know. People that you care about can be facing world hunger every day without you knowing. These people are waiting for you to help them and save their lives. If you were in their place, you would beg for food or someone to help you so your family could survive. If you have been in the situation that you can't afford food to feed your family for a long period of time, then you know how these people are feeling. Hungry people may have some or no food in their homes. Some of them will go outside and beg for food, some will steal food from stores. Others will suffer alone and refuse to ask for help.

There are a lot of programs to help prevent world hunger. United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is one, and Free Rice is another. WFP has many different ways to help world hunger on their website. You can go on WFP website www.wfp.org and find out how can you help to fight world hunger. This is an easy way to spread the word about world hunger by sending people e-mails with a hyperlink to the WFP website. Their goal is to call for a billion people who have enough to eat to help feed a billion people who don't have enough to eat. This program is called Billion for a Billion. The Free Rice website is www.freerice.com and you can play internet games to help feed people that are hungry.

Another way to help hungry people is to donate cans or boxes of food to a shelter. Ask your local food pantry how many cans or boxes you can donate. In some schools they have a program called Helping Hands and people can donate cans and boxes. You can ask your kids or your grandkids and see if their school do donating. If you know someone that you work with or a person that you met few months ago that have kids then you can ask that person and see that their kids do donating.

Please help people that are hungry and can't get access to food. If just one person tells their friends and family about the world hunger problem then the word will spread around our town, our state, our country, and the world. All together we can help to stop world hunger.