Change the World | Teen Ink

Change the World

January 15, 2010
By CoreeD BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
CoreeD BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Changing the world is not an easy task to accomplish. There are many problems in the world that need to be changed from gangs and the mafia, to the environment. I believe that extracurricular activities keep kids away from gangs and other potentially harmful activities. My plan to help save the world is to put more extracurricular activities in schools and recreation centers across the world to keep kids from the harmful activities of the world.

Kids in other places of the world are not as fortunate as we are here in Henderson, Nevada. They don’t have many extracurricular activities in their schools or they don’t have schools at all. Kids that do go to schools that don’t have any extra activities to do after school like sports, or the arts go home and are bored. So they join gangs or get involved with other inappropriate or potentially harmful activities that to them are not as harmful as we know it is. We can change this.

If we created clubs or activities after school it would be easier for those kids of the world to be more active and more cautious of the choices that they make in life. They will be less drawn towards violence and s**. It wouldn’t have to take lots of money either, say we make a soccer team at a school in need. All we need is a soccer ball, cones, and team players. Same could go for art, or music, or dance, the list goes on and on. Coaches and things like that are not as important as keeping these young kids off of the streets

We as Americans need to help those who are not as fortunate as we are. We could donate money or sports gear or even art supplies to help kids across the nation. If we all pitch in it could help to bring world peace, which will in turn bring worldwide happiness. All it takes is the determination and the consideration for others. Everyone has something to offer others. We all can at least give to organizations or foundations.

Changing the world is not an easy task to accomplish. There are many problems with it right now that need to be changed. I believe if we were to abolish something smaller like gangs and violence by doing an alternative activity then everything would come into place after that. The world can make a turn for the better, and it is our job to help the world make that turn.