God Loves Gays | Teen Ink

God Loves Gays

God loves me.

As much as others may fight it, it's true. God loves me, and I love Him.

Others may disagree with me, but that's perfectly fine with me because at the end of the day, I'm completely satisfied knowing that He loves me just as much as He loves all of those around me. Many people have told me that God hates gay people, but that's alright with me. To me, what truly matters is that I'm here on this Earth, and if God didn't want me here, I wouldn't be.

There's a point in every person's life when he or she struggles identifying his or herself. Whether it be standpoint on political issues, wondering whether or not religion is fictional, questioning what gender attracts the person, or an abundance of other things, no one person is completely sure who he or she is. Unfortunately, for quite a while, I had no idea.

Identifying myself as gay at the age of 14 took a lot of courage, hope, and prayer. For a while, I questioned the existance of a greater power of some sort because everytime that I prayed for the Lord's strength to help me lose this appeal for other men, I felt no different than I did before.

But as I grew, I began to realize tht the reason why God wouldn't help me overcome this issue is because it's not an issue at all; rather, it's a part of life. There's no changing something that has been set so heavily in stone.

Sometimes I wonder why God chose for me to be gay when He disagrees with homosexuality, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if I know the answer. Perhaps God has made this a part of my life in order to teach acceptance to others around me.

In the end, I think that the main thing seperating the pearly gates from the fiery pits is faith. Those who believe and love in God and are willing to live their lives completely and fully for Him deserve to spend eternity in pure happiness.

I love God, and no matter what anyone tells me, He loves me, too. It's a comforting feeling that no matter the opinions of others, there will always be one being who won't leave my side, no matter the person who I spend my life with.

Ryan said...
on Jan. 12 2011 at 12:08 am
That's not t