Privacy is My space so get out of it

Imagine, for a moment, yourself sitting alone. You’re minding your own business; you never even so much as looked at anyone else. When suddenly, someone picks up your book and or notebook and takes it upon him or herself to look at whatever you were reading or writing and they begin to flip through it carelessly.
And if that isn’t enough, they have the audacity to just toss it back to you. Maybe you catch it, and everything is cool. But maybe, most likely, you don’t and it lands in a heap at your feet. And when you pick it up, you find some of the pages have been bent and or torn.
I personally have indeed had this happen to me on numerous occasions, and I don’t really enjoy my things being taken, picked up, flipped through, or looked at without my consent. And I’d bet that most of you would agree.
But maybe for some of you, I’m not using the proper example. Maybe most of you have parents or an annoying sibling perhaps that doesn’t respect the closed-door rule. (Which is basically a rule I made up that states that if my door is closed, knock before entering)
You see, with my mother, my privacy is most certainly not respected. She’s one of those parents who like barge right into rooms without warning. (Which is pretty darn rude if you ask me.) She doesn’t have the courtesy to knock first. And that is very annoying.
I’ve tried talking to her about it, but it doesn’t really help the situation. Don’t get me wrong; I love my mother very much. I just wish she would knock before she enters my room.
I mean, think about it, is knocking on someone else’s door really that difficult? I’m sure it’s nowhere near as difficult as climbing Mt. Everest or hiking across the Sahara desert, you know? But if I’m wrong, please somebody, anybody correct me.
Is there no one out there that feels that what I’ve just said, wrong? Is there anyone who disagrees with anything? No? Okay, so I’m not as crazy as I thought.
But then again, what do I know? I’m just a kid; so apparently I don’t know anything, right?
Wrong!
How many of you reading this has had someone try to pry information from you, or ask you too many personal questions? Now I can’t say this has happened to me specifically, but I know it’s not right. That’s another violation of privacy. Your business is your business and no one else needs to know it.
The majority of teens, I bet, would very much appreciate their things, their space, and especially their privacy to be respected. A little elbowroom would be ideal! And honestly, whenever I see or have someone not respect either my privacy, or me I feel more than a little annoyed and frustrated.
Now let’s think about the definition of privacy, it is the act of being free form unsanctioned intrusion. The “free from unsanctioned intrusion” part is for my mother and for anyone else who doesn’t respect the closed-door rule.
We all deserve our personal space. No one wants to be bothered with someone else being nosy and obnoxious. Ask anyone, and I’m sure they’ll tell you the same.

letsmakeapizza said...
AMEN!!!!! Haha. It's the same thing here with my Facebook. Gag me with a spoon.. xD

letsmakeapizza replied...
Jesus Christ. You think you have it bad, school is the only place I'm allowed to socialize and I'm seventeen for God's sake, not 8. I'm not allowed to do Facebook even though I have an active account because my parents are paranoid I'm talking to a guy I almost had sex with a year ago. My mom checks the phone bill and accuses me of calling people I don't know their numbers, and it's really stupid. I have to have my dad sit on the guest bed and supervise my computer activity for educational ... (more »)

...PensiveGurl... replied...
=[ that sounds rough. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but at least you still have school to socialize with your buddies =)

i.ll_be_fine_899 said...
hey wats up?? ^^ i feel like checkin out ur work and i gotta say: true that!! to this. lol i love this article:)) its so true and the voice in it comes off as strong and like 'meaning wat she's sayin.' it made me wanna keep reading, word by word ^^ so good job!!

Jynxx replied...
hey, thanks a lot i'll be fine. that means a lot =)

JeanGrey said...
May 27, 2010 at 1:52 am
AMEN SISTAH!!! lol

Jynxx replied...

YA! (high-fives Jean)

>.<

Pensivegurl said...
I don't really like this article. I don't think I put enough effort into it. I suppose I could've tried harder. (Long, deep, exasperated sigh.)

izz123 said...
I think that many people see things as you do. However, I also think that an amount of people need to be around others constantly, it's just part of their genetic makeup, something they cannot help. People B should respect the privacy wishes of People A. Yet, this is sometimes difficult for people B as they see things in an entirely different light. I'm probably not making much sense, (not even to myself). But basically, some people don't care about their privacy as much as o... (more »)

Pensivegurl replied...
thnx so much for your opinion! It's good to know what my readers think of my work. It's good to understand both sides of the story.