my philosiphy part 1 | Teen Ink

my philosiphy part 1

By straycat SILVER, Hatboro, Pennsylvania
straycat SILVER, Hatboro, Pennsylvania

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.
Joan Didion

Before I tell you, the reader, my opinionated views on certain subjects I will give you a short summary of myself. At first, I may have an unkempt appearance and carefree attitude can mislead others on my intentions. Unlike most teens, I have a more serious view on controversial subjects from philosophical questions, ancient and modern myths, and the hunt for the unknown. This is my thoughts verbatim.

Little do humans know that the mind can be augmented to unimaginable levels, that dour
guarantee of daily life sucks us in and holds us against our will, that the comfort of a commonplace day far exceeds the excitement of exploration and philosophy. These bereft standards can dull our minds making the unusual and new scary and unanticipated that no thing can be planned in advance. That life is supposed to follow an example of a cat, carefree and inquisitive, who only thinks about the present moment and acts on instinct, not judgments and opinions of others, but our own tentative nature must be stolid.

Nevertheless, to those who understand this can also mean, by human nature, to get ahead of the person next to you in the game of the opulent sovereign, the race to become god, the solo benefactor of the priceless gifts and lessons that it produces. Many insidiously destroy others, deploy themselves above the rest, and adulterate the illusions and realities that every one tries to grasp, and to laugh at how pliable others’ intellect are. This is only the intimidation of dishonesty that some gape at their shadows and others gibe their reflections in the water, these ambidextrous thoughts guise the tiny spark of enlightenment, a world far beyond the obscure logic of Alice in Wonderland and the Phantom Tollbooth that is so similar to reality. To those who show fortitude in these difficult times I reiterate the mind can be augmented to unimaginable levels and that we should warily approach the exciting and fascinating.

this my seem strange but its my way of getting my thoughts to others. if you do not understand or find something discriminating, please tell me.

Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
Yeah! I'm a big fan of Ancient Rome. I think that I've always had been. So, I love anything that is interesting!

erikae GOLD said...
erikae GOLD, Brookfield, Wisconsin
I really like youre work. Id assume it conveys your personality because it has really strong voice. Great word choice too.

straycat SILVER, Hatboro, Pennsylvania

Joan Didion

there is a point to the article, but its difficult to explane in words, i'll try again in another article sometime soon.

You have a very unique way of writing. I like it. Like BelmaH, I seem to have missed the point you're trying to make. Overall I liked it though. Please check out some of my stuff as well. Particularly "Just a Guy"

BelmaH. said...
i like your word choices. i thought the work ended a bit too soon, i could've kept on reading for pages! this is a really good work overall, but, um...what exactly is your point? (is there a point you're trying to make or...?)