Lonliness

Today in American, many teens suffer from lonliness in their life. Wether it be from not having friends, not having caring parents, or just not being social. In school, you'll see kids just sitting by themselves and its sad to look at sometimes. You wonder why these kids aren't socializing or laughing and going out like you are. People can feel lonley all the time just because they feel that no one likes them, but they really have no idea. People, on more tradgic occasions, try to commit suicide because they are sick of feeling they way they are feeling. Teens sometimes can't understand that the things they say to people can really hurt them deep inside, but they'll never know because the person they just hurt doesn't matter to them obviously. Teens suffering from lonliness can just be something their born with like depression or skitzophrinia. Being a teen myself, I know how feeling lonley can feel. You just feel like you can't talk to anyone about anything because nothing is gonna help the way you feel at that time. Being alone, I think, is the worst feeling in the world. Its like, you have NOTHING there, and having nothing doesn't feel good at all. Its like, you keep reaching for a cup filled with water but everytime you do, it happens to be empty. Other things that could cause lonliness is that some parents keep their kids isolated because of the fear that they won't be accepted by everyone in the world, although that is impossible to be accepted for who you are in the world today. People can be lonely because they don't feel the need to 'fit in' with everyone else. They don't think that buying a new outfit and shoes every week is as important as other things in their life.

Amiee said...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 7:50 am

i agree with writerfanatic

i do sit by myself sometimes but not that because im lonely, but cuz i want to be alone, i sometimes just cannot stand all the chatter that my friends go on and on about. and those ppl, like me, who are alone don't really care about wat others think

but i do agree with you, alot of times, there are ppl sitting alone cuz they have no friends.... and i wanna say that this article says alot about this topic

oh, and i wanna say i disagree with you o... (more »)

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
its not just that...those kids that sit by themselves(sometimes i am one of them) we...we just dont care about what people think of us. We have thoughts that no one would get. I for example, have friends, but sometimes.. I need alone time, mabye its hard for some people to understand.

beachgirl; said...
Buttuns, I love your article. I suffer from lonliness- and I'm a homsechooler. I've been through bad relationships/friendships and it seems like theres nobody. God's tehre though :)

Jazzy said...
Oct. 16, 2009 at 6:55 am
well i have and still till this day i have suffered from lonliness and depression.i dont have a social life out side of school.the only people i talk to outside of school is my family.other then that im very isolated i hardly go out.so i really do know what your talking about.

AllisonIzTight replied...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 3:32 am
Well, I really feel bad for you because if you talk to people in school you should ask them to kick it and hangout on the weekends or after school. If your isolated, what are you gonna do when you get older?

Jazzy replied...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 7:22 am
well im going to be a teacher or socialworker.I'm getting better at not being so isolated.but its going to be hard though

AllisonIzTight replied...
Oct. 20, 2009 at 1:35 am
Don't you think it'll be a lil difficult trying to help people with your same issue?

Jazzy replied...
Oct. 20, 2009 at 7:25 am
well when I help people with my same issue I can help try to avoid the same situation i'm in.