The Attention Seeker Or The Observer, Who Are You?

There are two types of people in this world: There are the people who seek attention, and then there is the observer:

The attention seeker seeks more than attention. Love. Understanding. Happiness. The Spotlight.

The observer is an artist searching for his muse. He is the old man feeding the pigeons at 2 a.m. in the morning. He is the man who compromises his cigarette break a few blocks away from work, just so he can see the parade across the street. She is the woman at Chapters timidly wearing goodwill couture and exhibiting life through cracked Woodstock glasses, formulating up her next novel. He is the man handing out the Burger King 'buy one ,get one free' coupons on the street 5 minutes earlier on the job just so he can smell the 7:15 fresh morning brew of coffee at the Starbucks neighboring ahead. He is the man holding up the 'Will Work For Food' sign in the middle of suburbia. She's the girl examining them all.

RedDaisy said...
I am in a neutral point. I seek love and understanding from my closest persons, not the spotlight from unknown people. Which leads to me observing everyone around me. Then perhaps I am not so neutral. I need love and understanding like every human does, but I don't need fame and attention. So I'll settle down and observe what's next to come.

Annabel_lee said...
May 23, 2011 at 6:26 pm:
I like this. I like it quite a bit. I love how you described these people.

Darkness95 said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 2:22 am:
Props on your in interpretations of both types of people. I know I’m an observer, I don’t enjoy being in the spotlight, but sometimes end up with all the attention.  Has this ever happened to you?

naturelover123 said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm:
This article seemed to lean towards the observers of the world. I could really visualize the cool examples in the last paragraph. I'm an observer mostly.

[cOoKiE_mOnStEr] said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 10:30 am:
im a dead on observer

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I am both, an observer and a attention seeker

smileysdeadvalentine said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 10:10 am:
Im a observer

SeptemberCrew This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 5:35 am:
Interesting perspective! I'm definitely the observer... It's lovely the way you tied it all together at the end. The only thing I might recommend is that you go into more detail about who the attention seeker is. Props!

JasmineGraves said...
Sept. 30, 2009 at 11:18 am:
I do not like a lot of attention. I am an observer.

forever_dancer said...
i think im the observer....(i hope) i dont like attention much, and the spotlight sounds pretty bad...... what do you think?