The Attention Seeker Or The Observer, Who Are You? | Teen Ink

The Attention Seeker Or The Observer, Who Are You?

By Lillian GOLD, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Lillian GOLD, Pittsfield, Massachusetts

There are two types of people in this world: There are the people who seek attention, and then there is the observer:

The attention seeker seeks more than attention. Love. Understanding. Happiness. The Spotlight.

The observer is an artist searching for his muse. He is the old man feeding the pigeons at 2 a.m. in the morning. He is the man who compromises his cigarette break a few blocks away from work, just so he can see the parade across the street. She is the woman at Chapters timidly wearing goodwill couture and exhibiting life through cracked Woodstock glasses, formulating up her next novel. He is the man handing out the Burger King 'buy one ,get one free' coupons on the street 5 minutes earlier on the job just so he can smell the 7:15 fresh morning brew of coffee at the Starbucks neighboring ahead. He is the man holding up the 'Will Work For Food' sign in the middle of suburbia. She's the girl examining them all.

RedDaisy said...
RedDaisy, Guayanilla, Other

"It's not just having the courage; you also need the strength. What's the point of having courage if you lose and can't get back up after the first fail?" -Me-

I am in a neutral point. I seek love and understanding from my closest persons, not the spotlight from unknown people. Which leads to me observing everyone around me. Then perhaps I am not so neutral. I need love and understanding like every human does, but I don't need fame and attention. So I'll settle down and observe what's next to come.

Annabel_lee SILVER, Sugar Hill, Georgia

The fifth verse of 'Annabel lee' be Edgar Allen poe: and we love that was greater than love of those who were older than we, of many far wiser than we,but neither the angels in heaven above nor the Desmond under the sea, can ever dissever my soul.....

I like this. I like it quite a bit. I love how you described these people.

on Aug. 10 2010 at 2:22 am
Darkness95 SILVER, McFarland, California

"Carpe Diem. Seize the day!"

Props on your in interpretations of both types of people. I know I’m an observer, I don’t enjoy being in the spotlight, but sometimes end up with all the attention.  Has this ever happened to you?

naturelover123 BRONZE, San Francisco, California
This article seemed to lean towards the observers of the world. I could really visualize the cool examples in the last paragraph. I'm an observer mostly.

on Mar. 4 2010 at 10:30 am
CoNfUsEd_InSaNiTy BRONZE, Jackson, Ohio
1 article 1 photo 13 comments

"Everything happens for a reason."
-Constance M. Burge (Charmed)

im a dead on observer

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

I am both, an observer and a attention seeker

on Oct. 2 2009 at 10:10 am
smileysdeadvalentine GOLD, San Bernardino, California

"you like audry hepburn,harry houdinni and croket you can't swim, you can't dance and you don't know karate face you'll never gonna make it" "i dont want to make it"

Im a observer

on Oct. 1 2009 at 5:35 am
SeptemberCrew BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Interesting perspective! I'm definitely the observer... It's lovely the way you tied it all together at the end. The only thing I might recommend is that you go into more detail about who the attention seeker is. Props!

on Sep. 30 2009 at 11:18 am
JasmineHodges SILVER, Texarkana, Arkansas
I do not like a lot of attention. I am an observer.

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

i think im the observer....(i hope) i dont like attention much, and the spotlight sounds pretty bad...... what do you think?