Causes of Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Causes of Child Abuse

Many children in America get abuse by their own parents. An estimate of 906,000 children that are victims of child abuse each year. Most of those child’s are abuse by their own parents. Some reason why they get abuse is because of physical or emotional, stress and lack of support; alcohol or drugs, or domestic violence.

Physical signs are unexplained bruises or cuts. They have marks from welts, belts, or burns. They also have some marks shapes. Like the belt buckle, or an electric cord. They wear clothes that are inappropriate for the weather. They have disagreements between the child’s and the parent’s explanation for the injury. Also children’s have a fearful behavior; they get scare when somebody is going to touch them, or they don’t let anybody touch them because they think they are going to hit them.

Signs of emotional abuse is and aggressive behavior. They are shying away from physical contact with parents or adults. They are also afraid to go home. They do anything to not go home; because they are scare.

Alcohol or drugs lead to abuse too. They could do that because they are having problems and they try to solve it by drinking; and when they get home they take it all out in their child. When their child don’t have nothing to do with their problems.

I think every parent that abuse their children should be grounded and have some class lessons to not abuse children’s. I also think people that see adults abusing a child should reported to the police. Nobody should be abuse because people that abuse children don’t get no where. Probably the think that is going to happen is that they could take their child away from them; and I don’t think they want that to happen. This is what causes child abuse, and how you know if they getting abuse.

NatalieB. GOLD said...
NatalieB. GOLD, Loudon, Virginia

Make your own lines, and color outside of them.

This is a very good article but I don't think I got you're one general idea. Is it signs of child abuse or cuases of child abuse?

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
A very good point. There were a few gammatical errors but other then that i like it.