Poverty

My name is Samantha S and I am currently a freshman at Ramapo High School. In one of my classes, we were allocated to pick a world issue and raise awareness on our topic. I chose poverty and how it affects children. Some of the facts and statistics I have uncovered are horrifying. Every three seconds a child dies due to severe poverty. By the time it takes you to read this letter, over forty children have perished. I am writing to ask you what our country has done to help these children. I feel that the citizens of the United States need to be knowledgeable and potentially assist these infants. I am deeply concerned that the US is not making the enormous impact it could be. I have created a YouTube video to try to bring attention to this critical dilemma. This is its link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrrhzTPmfiA. I would very much appreciate it if you replied with your opinion.

teenkinklover101 said...
Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:57 am
This is an excellent piece of writing, it touched my heart. I was wondering when you say 'one dies every 3 seconds due to poverty' what do you in this context by poverty?  You have a beautiful writing style though x

Jackie C. said...
thats true every 3 seconds a child dies. and i just hate how a child has to die because of porvency. its sad u are a good writer keep it up.