Stereotypes | Teen Ink

Stereotypes

June 19, 2009
By rokie101 GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
rokie101 GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
-Robert Frost-


Stereotypes are fictional categories in which we teens live in. It is how we determine who a person is by the way they look on the outside. How did this all start? People become friends based on the way their hair is or the way they dress. If you wear a cheerleader outfit that automatically makes you a backstabbing sl*t. If you’re on the football team it automatically makes you a stupid slacker. If your smart and care about your grades it makes you a nerd. But what if you just like to cheer? What if you just like football, and are actually smart? And what if you are smart, and pretty cool? NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE. In the teen world there are a set of rules that for some strange reason most seem to follow. 1. Preps/Jocks never talk to anyone other then other preps/jocks. 2. Nerds cannot try to be cool and fit in. 3. You must fear emo/punk kids and stay out of their way. 4. If you’re in band you’re a geek.
There are many more rules but these are some of the basics. Why can’t we all just be friends? Why can’t teen world be at peace? Why do we judge people based on looks rather then what’s on the inside?
Me, I am friends with all. Some don’t approve of my mixing the cliques. But those people, I don’t care what they think. I will not stop until stereotyping is done. Labels are for soup cans, not people.
A/N: sorry if this offended anyone, but its my opinion so deal.