WHAT THE UNITED STATES FLAG STANDS FOR | Teen Ink

WHAT THE UNITED STATES FLAG STANDS FOR

By Tbone13 SILVER, Susssex, Wisconsin
Tbone13 SILVER, Susssex, Wisconsin

To me the United States flag can mean a lot of things that reflect off of someone's daily routine. It can be the time where I get to spend time with your family which can mean a lot to someone and it’s the freedom that someone is getting to even have the ability to spend time       with their family without being forced to do something. At least to me this seems very important considering I think that family is probably one of the most important things in your life. It can also be having the freedom to go to certain places and to be able to do certain things.

Another thing that I think the flag stands for is perseverance and the ability of how us Americans can keep moving forward even if something doesn’t seem to be going right. We really know how    to stay strong and to keep pushing forward. Us Americans have done so much for this country from building large structures to help create transportation for everybody that needs to get around to places somehow. We have also created or invented lots of machines and technology which has helped or has been involved in people's everyday lives.

I also think it can stand for how people can be treated in a good and also a bad way. There are plenty of people out there who are really nice and are willing to help people if they need it but then there are people out there who are really just not nice and are very rude which sucks but we can’t really do anything about that. Some people were just treated badly by their siblings or parents, and it just affects them in the long term. That's where the saying treat people how you want to be treated is used and it does have a lot of truth to it.