Abolish Abortion | Teen Ink

Abolish Abortion

May 2, 2022
By Anonymous

Human beings are building a culture in which human lives are disposable or a “Throwaway Culture” says Pope Francis. What he means by this is that instead of only throwing away food or dispensable objects we can throw away anything or anyone that inconveniences us. There are many reasons why this is wrong and should be stopped but the main arguments are that  the babies can feel everything that happens to them in the womb, abortions have been proven to cause serious phycological and medical problems, and that everyone has a right to life. 

First, babies can feel everything that happens in the womb. According to Kanwaljeet J. S. Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology and Neurobiology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center “if the fetus is beyond 20 weeks of gestation there will be severe and excruciating pain felt by the fetus during the abortion procedure.” Nobody let alone babies should have to go through extreme pain. Another study by Bernard N. Nathanson stated that “when we preformed an abortion on a 12 week old fetus we see [in an ultra sound image] the childs mouth open in a silent screem.” Now imagine if that was your kid, would you want to see them trying to scream for help while suffering in extreme pain before they were killed?

Second, abortions have been proven to cause serious phycological damage and medical problems. A study by the Scandinavian Journal of Public Health found that adult women that have an abortion have are at an increased risk for subsequent depression and significantly higher anxiety sores. A study by Princeton University found that parents with kids do experience more joy and happiness throughout the day than adults without kids; so why kill the kids instead have a happier life with them. A study published in the British Medical Journal reported that the suicide rate of women that had abortions was 34.7 out of 100,000 while the women who did not have abortions was 4.6 out of 100,000.