School Shootings

I am afraid of going to school. I am also afraid of being shot. These two fears of schools and guns should not correlate, but they do. Every morning I wake up and wonder if today will be the day our school will get shot up. Is this something we can change? Where have we gone so wrong that kids now feel the need to bring firearms to school and shoot their peers? I don't know how to fix this problem or where to begin. Children are losing their life and parents are losing their pride and joy. These kids had unique hobbies, fears, and personalitys but that has all been lost due to a single bullet. Minors are getting homeschooled because they are too afraid to go to a place that used to be filled with learning. Now it's just filled with empty bullet casings. We have to do something. It is easier to buy a gun than it is to access mental health care.  We can't continue to lose our children to this new phenomenon. 

22author said...
yesterday at 9:03 pm
I really wish we could stop this problem. I do. The other day my school had a temporary lockdown (for something else) and all my peers got so scared that there was a shooter in the building, texting their parents and crying. Kids should not have to fear for their lives when they go to learn, school should be a safe haven for them. But making it harder and harder to buy a gun probably won't solve the problem. No matter how hard we make it, people are still going to get their hands on them, and m... (more »)
Heyitsaj666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:52 pm
I agree, I don't believe gun control is the answer. I think more back ground checks may help but it wont stop the problem. I think the teachers should have to choice to be armed and there should be more security at school. My school just this last Monday had a shooting threat and now there is someone who's arrested and charged with two felonies. I feel so unsafe at school that I keep my wallet in my bag just so they can identify my body if need be. We have to do something, but everyone just want... (more »)