Do You Like Writing? | Teen Ink

Do You Like Writing?

By Brominer2 BRONZE, Boody, Illinois
Brominer2 BRONZE, Boody, Illinois

Do you like writing? Do you write a lot? Whatever the answers we all have different answers. I do not like writing and i do not write a lot. There are three major questions asked to people for essays about writing. They are: How important or unimportant is writing to you, Do you usually take pride in your writing for school or just write for a grade, and how much non-school writing do you do?

The first question, Is writing important to me. The answer for me is no. It is not because i never had to when i was younger. Another reason is i am not good at writing. The reason is that i never had to write and was never taught when I was younger by anyone. So the answer again was no, I do not like writing.

The second question, Do I take pride in my writing, is no. The reason is I do not take pride in my writing is because all my writing is at school and not how I want it. For example, My freshman year we had to write about a career we wanted and i wanted to write about youtubing. My teacher did not know anything about it and made me do it a certain way even though i knew what i could write. So I did what she said and got a C because it was “not explanatory enough for people who do not understand what youtube is” so I gave up and did not care about the grade.

Finally, The final question, how much non-school writing do I do. The answer is None. The reason why is I have no reason to at home. Another reason is that writing does not interest me. I do enough writing at school to not write at home.

I like this article because it tell why some people do not like writing and why some love writing.