My Opinion on Homecoming | Teen Ink

My Opinion on Homecoming

August 1, 2016
By urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
urperfectthewayur SILVER, Laurel, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be stronger. But no one will ever be you!"
-I don't know :)


Homecoming. Yeah, I know, it's one of the biggest events that goes on in high school. There are four different types of people when it comes to homecoming: the populars, the nerds, the people who just don't care, and, what I call, the fun people. The populars are the people who get asked by, pretty much, everyone. The nerds are people who can't go because they have to studdy or play video games. The people who just don't care is self-explanatory. They don't want to waste their time and money on "a stupid dance". The "fun people" are the people who doesn't have a date, so they go with their friends just to have fun! Everyone at school falls under one of those four different categories. Now, I'm not one to judge people based on their "lable", but almost everyone else I know does judge people.. a lot! This is my second part of my opinion: judgement. I specifying this judgement to homecoming. Some people make fun of those who don't get asked. I know everyone knows that it's wrong but they still tend to do it. Why is that? Unfortunatly, I can't answer that myself. I'd like to think I'm not one of those people. So, my advice is don't judge other people or make fun of them. And don't let others put you down if you can't get a date. Who cares about them anyway?