What High School is All About

High school. It's a place where guys become the star player, not only at sports but also at playing girls. It's where girls find out who their friends are and get their heart broken. In other words high school is hell.
High school is like a watering hole in Africa, you have to be at the top of the food chain to survive. But with high school is not who eats who. It's about who wears what if your part of the football team or if your an athlete at all. In high school it's the skinny chicks who starve themselves who are at the top of the list, not the fat girl who everyone picks on. Lets face it if your at the top of the rankings in high school then you date your ranking. As for the fat girl, she sits there and wishes she could be like them.
High school is hell. But it gets you ready for life. You find who you are during high school and who your friends are. It's filled with young love and heart break. But if your one of those stuck up skinny chicks or the fat girl sitting in the corner with your nose in a book all the time....the kids you go to high school with...is what makes you become who are today.

Vespa said...
I never saw high school as quite so black and white as you have painted it here. This is my last year so I've had as much time to observe it as any student, yet I have never been teased, shoved into a locker, skipped out on a meal just to lose weight (though sometimes I've skipped out because of time constraints), or ever been very popular. I agree that high school can be hell, but I don't think that it is necessarily hell for all those who aren't popular. For the invisibles such as myself, high... (more »)

Marmalade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 6:45 am
I find this really interesting because I wrote an article about basically the same thing, but so different. I think it's cool that although we differ in opinions on the high school experience, we agree on what comes out of it. :)

artgirl2015 replied...
hey thanks. some people just dont know that theres someone out there who veiws the world the same way but yet has completely different opinions on it. thank you for reading this.