Peer Pressure | Teen Ink

Peer Pressure

January 23, 2011
By T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California
T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California
8 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.


In school, the biggest problem to me is not teachers, not crushes, but peer pressure.

Peer pressure causes kids to act like others because they think that they are cool when actually the most cool person is yourself.

Cool is a relevant term also like cute, awesome, average, and dorky. These words are used to make kids feel bad about how they look, act, and sound. Those words are evil in ones mouth and should never be spoken from a kid at school in my opinion.

School and life would be much easier if peer pressure has never happened. But, of course, that will never happen. If peer pressure is affecting you or your friends just ignore it and keep being you and not a hollow shell of your former self.

Help stop peer pressure in school to make it a more wonderful environment to live in.


The author's comments:
I have seen peer pressure affect my friends and realized that so many kids were doing the same thing, giving in to peer pressure and doing what others tell you to.